My office tends to throw away furniture a lot, and this one particular piece seemed interesting to me. So i rented a Uhaul for $30 bucks and this
turned into this.
amazed, I know. Let me tell you how I did this.
What you need:
- free or thrifted furniture
- paint primer
- sanding block
- wood filler
- 2 quarts of paint (different colors)
- clear paint
- paint brushes
granite adhesive contact paper (or w/e style you like)
1.get a really strong boyfriend and possibly a neighbor to help you get it in your apartment; i used option one ❤
2. use wood filer to fill screw holes (optional)
3. use paint primer inside and out
4. paint outside and inside different colors; pick one of those fancy color tabs at home depot. Mine was almond and wine (:
5. while drying start wrapping the shelves in adhesive wall paper of choice; go slow when wrapping to avoid air bubbles
6. paint with clear paint, replace shelves, and put all your stuff on display
So #yay or #nay?
*disclaimer I have way more stuff than that but anything for a good picture(:*